Monday, February 4, 2013

Painting with yogurt.


original link: http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2009/01/free-art-friday-4.html

Today, Autumn and I tried painting with yogurt.  I was very enticed with the idea since, her being a 1 year old and putting everything in her mouth, she could eat the paint!.  So I put a spoonful of yogurt into separate plastic cups, added food coloring, and let her dive right in.  I let her use an old turkey serving platter that I had as the canvas.  She really had fun...for 5 min.  After that, she would dip her fingers in the yogurt and run away licking them, watch some TV, then repeat.  I was very impressed how vivid the colors were, and liked the idea that it was nontoxic, however, I may wait to repeat this project once she gets older.
Overall rating...Pintastic for children older than 1

No comments:

Post a Comment