Friday, February 8, 2013

Panda nails

original pin:  http://pinterest.com/pin/441915782155567551/

So besides being an awesome mommy and a fabulous wife, I am also an aspiring cosmetologist.  My career is put on hold for now, but will resume once my life is not so crazy.  One thing I really enjoy is nail art.  I don't like my nails to be plain and boring, I like for them to stand out.  This panda nail art really appealed to me bc I like pandas, and I knew an easy way to do it, and I will share.  I started with a base coat, which makes the polish adhere to the nail better and longer.  Pro tip:  Make sure your nails are dry and oil free.  You can do this easily by wiping them with a cloth, or they make a nail dehydrator that you would apply before the base coat.  After the base coat I applied pink polish bc I didn't like the emptiness of the original design, and I like pink :).  I painted a half circle on all my nails, then took a dotting stick to make the ears, eyes, and nose.  Apply top coat, and you're done.  Allow 15 min between coats bc if a coat is applied before the one below it is dry, it's easier to smudge and mess up the whole thing.  This is me talking from experience : /.

Verdict:  Pintastic!...If you have the patience and the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment