Friday, February 8, 2013

The writing on the wall

Today, Autumn's activity involved me taping up some sketch pad paper to the wall, giving her some crayons, and then let her color on the paper.  I know what you're thinking..."You let a toddler get near a wall with crayons?!!!".  First, I would like to point out that she was supervised the whole time.  I sat right next to her and encouraged her whenever she colored on the paper.  Only once did she try to color on the walls, but a stern "No" from me had her right back on the paper.  The only marks on the wall were accidental and easily removed with baby oil.  She super loved this activity.  She is really into the whole coloring thing right now, so this was right up her alley.  She even climbed up in her daddy's chair to reach the box of crayons on his desk so she could continue coloring after dinner.  I've decided to leave the paper on the wall for now, one, bc it's her beautiful artwork, and two, bc I feel she will get much play out of this for now.

Verdict:  Pintastic!



1 comment: